Monday, June 2, 2014

In Theory // Apartment Revamp--Paint in Many Colors

One of my favorite Disney songs is "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas and that is the song that comes to mind when I think about my color choices for where I live. I have a wonderful, tolerant husband that, even though he doesn't completely understand or identify with my need for color, is supportive and even helped choose a couple of them.

This post will be mostly pictures but I wanted to share what I get to enjoy on a day to day basis. I love being home here...


JD's office/piano room/library: Green and dark gray
JD chose the green and I love it.
Dark gray in the kitchen. It gives it a more modern look. Also makes everything look whiter, even when it's not.
Bright blue accent wall in the living room. In the corner is a paper lantern from our wedding reception as well. :)
Light gray to balance the blue on the other walls in the living room. 
Lime green in the dining room! One of my favorite colors we chose. I had to work hard at convincing JD to let me do this one.
Dark Plum in our bedroom--I'd like to put a gallery wall behind our bed. 
My 'Creative Space' where the art happens. It's always a mess.
Teal in our bathroom and half the bedroom to offset the dark purple.
Me excited about my blue bathroom...
Bright blue in the guest bathroom.
The large vases and feather are decorations from my wedding I just didn't want to throw away. So they were repurposed.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment