Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Art + Design // A Mini Book Project

I recently bought a book on How to Make Books. I know, kind of circular. But it really inspired me to create so that evening, I spent exactly one hour and made this little mini book.


My materials: Old book pages (that I folded to create signatures), fabric scraps, thick cover stock, hot glue gun, and thread/needle.          
                           
                                     

Very simple, I just made it up as I went and like I said, it only took me an hour. How cute would a gift like this be for someone special in your life! I'm planning on painting the pages in it with white gesso so I can write over top of the words. Verses, inspirational quotes, lists, dreams, ideas you don't want to forget. The finished size was only about 2.5 x 3.5--small enough to fit in my little wallet bag. 

If I made it again, I would change a few things to make it a little neater but it is still very functional as is.






I now have the pages painted over in white and keep it with me in my wallet to make little notes in. Let me know if you want to see a tutorial for the next one I put together. Thanks for reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment