Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hello Lovely // The Future Me

^My use of the Ryman Eco font

Everyone wants to grow and change right? When we were little kids, that's all the adults in our life would ask us: Who do you want to be when you grow up? Well, I'm still trying to answer that question. 

An artist, designer, lover, friend, reader, writer, servant, maker. All those things perhaps? Those questions answer 'what'. What about the 'who'? No matter what I'm doing, designing, reading, serving, I want to be...

Someone fearless, who jumps on opportunities, has no regrets (or at least learns from them and moves on), is a great friend and wife, a lover of all things creative and laughs a lot. Above all I want to be more passionate about my Savior, Jesus Christ and love people the way He does. 

I'm some of those things but have quite a long way to go before I get there. To some degree, I know I will never fully achieve this future me, but I will certainly never stop striving for it.

One day at a time, right? To keep loving and learning and praying. And also heeding the wise Dr. Seuss: "If you never did you should. These things are fun, and fun is good!"

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment