Friday, April 25, 2014

Curiosities of the Triangle // Duke vs. UNC

I graduated from NC State and I am a State fan. However, I was raised a Duke basketball fan. To complete the circle I married a UNC fan. If you know anything about North Carolina basketball, this is a very confusing problem to have.

On March 8th, JD and I attended the Duke UNC game at Cameron Indoor Stadium. We were blessed to be given the hardest tickets to get in the college basketball world and were ecstatic. Of course JD decided to wear a UNC shirt to Cameron Indoor Stadium like a dummy. I think he might've been suicidal...

This is my excited face.
JD preparing himself for the crazy. In his dumb UNC shirt.
The tents in Coach K-Ville.
The Crazies lined up to get their spot in Cameron.
Waiting to pick up our tickets!
These crazies built a Sulamonster sign.
Trying to survive the crowd!
I spent most of the game on my feet. 
Duke won!

Even though his team lost, JD had to admit that it was a once in a lifetime experience. He even said that he didn't understand how anybody could beat Duke at Cameron because the atmosphere is so out of control and electric.

Thank you so much to my friend who was generous with these tickets! I owe you big time. Gotta love NC basketball!!!

Thanks for reading. UNC fans, seriously no hard feelings. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment