Sunday, April 27, 2014

Curiosities of the Triangle // Artwear Designs

Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting newly minted entreprenuers, Natalia Chavez and Lisa Myers. They are both currently students at UNC Chapel Hill and have together launched a business venture, Artwear Designs, a company that prints local artists' work onto trendy clothing in order to make art more accessible to the public as well as support these artists. 

I found them through an article written about them on the Triangle Business Journal and immediately went to their website: artwear-designs.com, promptly bought "The Charlotte" tank, and emailed them for a meeting. 
(I'm wearing 'The Charlotte')
They graciously accepted and I had a great drive over to Chapel Hill and meeting with them in the Venture Lab off of Franklin Street across from the university.

I was incredibly impressed at how young and yet professional both of these ladies were. They have an excellent idea, one that is unique and scalable, and are running with it. Even while being students. There is no way they are sleeping between this and their classes. 

As much as I loved meeting them and soaking up the inspiration that they were, I also really just like their products. The idea of artwork on clothing is not particularly new, however they are revitalizing something that I believe has a thirsty market. I bought a shirt after visiting the site one time. They are very reasonably priced, high quality, uniquely designed pieces and I didn't even have to think twice about purchasing. 

I'm so excited to see where they go with this and hope that all of you will check out their story and support them!

Natalia, on the left and Lisa, on the right
Thanks for reading and check out their website: artwear-designs.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment