Monday, April 14, 2014

Art + Design // March 2014 Projects

[March] was a great month for design and art projects. I did several that I felt particularly inspired to do: one I got paid for, one was for a friend, and the other was for myself. 


I'll start with me...

I drew this picture of a feather one night and thought it would look interesting on the front of a notebook. 











So then I created this book using paper I had here, a holepuncher and waxed thread I had ordered from Amazon. I had to watch this video on Youtube to learn how to create the stab binding. 



Next I got paid to design and print my darling friend, Kimberly's wedding invitations and RSVP cards. We had a meeting and she shared her vision for them and I tried to capture that in this design:


Front of the invitation
Back of Invitation
Front of RSVP Card

Back of RSVP Card
One Sunday afternoon, I put together this logo for the Workplace Options Kickball team. They needed something to put on their shirts to represent the New Kicks on the Block team.

I put an orange background behind it and created a poster to go in JD's office as something fun for the wall.

Poster
This month was lots of fun. I won't have this many projects every month but just wanted to share what I did for March.


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. You are a talented young woman! I know who you got it from too...your dad! Good job, Rachel:)

    ReplyDelete